IEEE1394 "Firewire" Plugs & Sockets
IEEE 1394 "FireWire" Plugs & Sockets
Horizontal and Vertical Mounting Styles
Available in Surface Mount and Thru-Hole Configurations
The IEEE 1394 "FireWire" bus is a Hi-Speed digital connection. It can be used to connect most electronic devices together over a single wire. This design is capable of becoming the universal connection between any device.
Tin Lead Plated solder tails for excellent solderability Gold Plated contacts for low contact resistance and excellent reliability
- Modular design allows easy and fast assembly of components
- Integrated strain relief - crimps to wire insulation
- Surface Mount or Thru-Hole Mount Technology for electrical connections
- Snap-In PC tails hold connector in position for wave soldering
- Superfast Data Transfer: Current speeds of 100Mbps, 200Mbps and 400Mbps, and roadmapped to 1GB per second (Gbps).
- Daisy Chaining: Up to 63 devices, each one acts as an active repeater on the bus, with a maximum of 16 repeats.
- Port Expansion: Alleviates restriction of limited COM Ports and available IRQ's.
- Wide Bandwidth: Digital interface designed for high speed applications for PC peripherals, consumer electronics and communications. Delivers services like Digital Video and Data without analog conversion.
- Simple Connections: True Plug and Play - no jumpers, DIP Switches or IRQ's to set.
- Hot Swapping: Allows peripherals to be connected or disconnected without turning off computer.
- Highly Versatile Bus: One bus can handle a variety of devices operating at different speed classes for true backwards compatibility.
- Self-configuring: Operates unsupervised and in asynchronous or isochronous data streams to communicate real time data transport on one bus.
- Standard Digital Interface: Allows consumer electronics and computer devices to communicate together on one interface.
- Digital Cameras
- Digital VCRs
- Digital Camcorders
- DVD Players
- Broadcast TV
- DV Editing
- Cable TV
- Hard Disks
Availability is from stock through Keystone's Global Distributor Network. Application engineering services are available to meet special customer requirements.
Refer to Keystone's Catalog for our complete product offering and specifications.
Back to Previous Page